Right from the start the key design goals and mission statement were:
Hands on quality control, impact tolerance, accuracy, and long term reliability.
Key ITTP design features in summary:
Compared with other similar priced probes, the stylus stem retraction design allows a stiffer stronger stylus assembly. This gives less flex, less pretravel, and less pretravel variation, giving higher accuracy. In addition the contacts are submerged in electrical fluid/gel, ensuring a much longer life/ longer term reliability.
ITTP Pro package - Anodized End Cap and Body, Mini XLR socket
$845.00 plus shipping $45 (US$) . Cables options below
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.
ITTP Standard package - Anodized End Cap, Installed kink resistant cable with 5 pin DIN plug, $795.00 plus shipping $45 (US$)
SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.
Sales are through PayPal via email link.
Prices are: (US$) ITTP standard $795.00. ITTP pro $845.00. (cable options below) Shipping $45.00 5-10 working days, tracked ( for USA, Canada and UK - please check shipping cost to other destinations).
If you wish to proceed with the purchase please email us (select contact above) with your shipping address, your PayPal email address if you have one. We will initiate a invoice in US$ with PayPal and email you a link for payment.
The ITTP is now available with a TTS shank or a 12mm shank. (Request a 12mm shank for ER collet or BT30 spindles - you may need an adapter eg: BT30 Tool Holder, Probe, 12mm | Tormach ) Please confirm spindle type you plan to use the ITTP on - eg Tormach 1100M TTS ) .
We will email you confirmation when payment has been received, and link you to the operators manual. Your Probe will usually be shipped within three working days of payment.
Cables options: The ITTP standard comes with a fixed 1.3 or 1.6 meter cable with a 5 pin DIN plug. The ITTP pro cable options are: Mini XLR plug/1.3 meter cable/5 pin DIN plug or mini XLR plug/2 meter open ended cable $45.00, or mini XLR plug/2 meter cable/5 pin DIN plug $50.00
Scroll down for more information.
Introducing the 12mm shank ITTP for different spindle types.
Also introducing a prototype Edge Finder for manual mills.
Covering ITTP ease of use and accuracy
ITTP Impact Tolerance and Accuracy
ITTP Set Up and Use
- Following 6 months in house trials and refinements, February 2017 was the first phase of supply to beta testers, March 2017 the second. Full supply began May 2017. There has been nil significant issues to date. (see also the testimonials page).
- You may be aware that low cost touch probes do not have a good reputation for long term reliability or accuracy. Hallmark are committed to producing a probe that is not only impact tolerant and accurate, but has good long term reliability. Currently all probes are built in-house.
If you are unsure if ITTP Probe will meet your accuracy requirements, please view the videos above and read the section below.
- The ITTP has only been fully inhouse tested on Tormach machines for setting work offsets. However more and more other machine owners are installing the ITTP and getting good results. If your application requirement is different please let us know and we can send you a memo that better covers the subject .
- Replacement parts and warranty. A 12 month warranty is offered on defective parts and materials. (Please note batteries, cables and connectors are excluded). Given the current supply distance this will be in the form of service information, replacement parts and installation information sent to you, should this be required. Damaged or worn replacement parts will be available and may be purchased in the future should this be required. Please note modifications that alter the probe design/construction will void the warranty.
- Buyers will receive a link to a technical non public YouTube video detailing the ITTP set up, use, handling and maintenance (should that be required) Please note the contacts are submerged in electrical fluid/gel and need to be topped up after shipping/on receipt. After this the probe needs to be stored in its as used orientation.
- The ITTP package includes the probe, some tools and a tube of the electrical gel .
- Low cost passive probes to date have a general reputation for being inaccurate, impact intolerant, and unreliable long term. While the ITTP Probe addresses these issues, it is still a low cost 'workshop' passive probe and not suitable for high end, high precision work. For example a popular brand passive probe we have tested has pre travel of 0.05 - 0.11mm - that is a pre travel variation of around 0.002" or 0.06mm (+/- 0.03mm) and its contact unreliability is openly accepted in its operators manual, with contact maintenance being explained. The Hallmark ITTP has a pre travel variation of less than +/- 0.01mm or 0.0005" and should have good long term contact reliability.
Please note the TTS system itself is not highly accurate and the spindle/probe needs to be rotary position aligned eg via a pulley mark to achieve reasonable results. All the same, it should be understood that this type of low cost passive probe is only suitable for general workshop use, positioning the work to spindle to within +/- 0.01mm or 0.0005") when correctly set up. (How this is done is outlined in a technical YouTube video sent to buyers). In order to achieve high precision probing, a high end probe and software is required. They are around US$5,000.00 - $15,000.00 (for a new high end branded unit with a warranty), and require spindle orientation and appropriate control software that will allow calibration and pre travel variation compensation adjustments. (Of course the average low cost CNC has backlash errors around 0.02 - 0.04mm and so a high end probe of this accuracy would be difficult to justify).
- Please note: The ITTP has been designed and tested on Tormach machines for setting work offsets. However it has not been designed and tested for mass point surface mapping digitizing applications. Passive probes like the ITTP are not designed for thousands of probing cycles per job. High end active probes are best for this application.
- Please note: In some countries import duty/taxes may be payable by the receiver to their customs authority.
- Please email us via contact above, if you have any further questions.
Cliff Hall. Director
Hallmark Design Limited
Copyright © 2018 HALLMARK DESIGN - All Rights Reserved.